Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hello All

Hello all, my name is Josh Smith, and I'm the new Americorps volunteer serving at Cascadia Conservation District. One of my duties will be keeping this blog updated, so I'll do my best to post once a week.

Now a little bit about me. I was born in Wenatchee, and I've lived here all of my life except for the years I attended college. I graduated from Central Washington University a few years ago with a BS in biology and a BA in political science. That's an odd mix, but it just sort of happened. My main interest in biology are plants, so anytime I'm out hiking or camping I'm always stopping to look and smell any flowers I see. This is my second year in Americorps. Last year I was at Wenatchee High School, so this site is a bit of a change.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming ten and a half months. I hope to learn a lot, and I'm excited to finally be at a place where my biology degree might be of some use to me. I also rather enjoy writing, so being responsible for this blog is a plus.

Feel free to comment and ask questions if you desire. I'll do my best to keep it interesting.


Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment