Monday, September 26, 2016

Cascadia's New AmeriCorps Member


Hello!

My name is Ava Izdepski, and I am the new AmeriCorps member serving at Cascadia Conservation District.

I am originally from Edmonds. I went to college at the University of San Diego, where I was an Environmental Studies major. During my time in San Diego, I was a volunteer with the Ocean Discovery Institute. While volunteering, I was given the chance to help teach environmental education lessons to students in elementary schools. I recently moved back to Washington to be closer to family.  I am looking forward to continuing to teach environmental education with Cascadia, as well as participate in and bring value to the other programs the district implements.

Since starting my term of service, I have had the opportunity to demonstrate our Enviroscape model at the Chelan County Fair, work at the Rolling Rivers display during Salmon Festival in Leavenworth, and complete Wheat Week training in Quincy. I am very excited to continue to learn and grow throughout this year of service. I look forward to taking advantage of all the opportunities this area has to offer!

Thank you for viewing the blog and be sure to stay in touch with questions and/or comments throughout the year. I am looking forward to using the blog to encourage conversation about a variety of topics.

Our Picture Chelan County Photo Contest is still in full swing and accepting submissions until this Saturday, October 1st. You can submit photos of Chelan County for six categories including plants, wildlife, agriculture, recreation, landscapes, and water. You can upload your photos to http://cascadiacd.org/photo-contest_347.html for a chance to be included in the 2017 natural resources stewardship calendar!

~ Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment